10.09.2013

Happy, happy, happy.

Can I tell you just how happy I am with life today?
For so many reasons.
1. We had the most beautiful, wonderful, perfect anniversary yesterday. More to come about that later today!

2. How have I not mentioned that today is the last day of work before fall break!? (another reason being a teacher is off-the-charts-awesome).  I don't have to work again until next TUESDAY!

3. We went to the temple last night--and man. If that doesn't make you happy all over the place, I don't know what will.

4. Per tradition, we are running away to Park City this weekend to continue our anniversary celebration.

5. I am still plugging away at Harry Potter. ugh, I love these books. Feeling like a drug addict.

6. I truly, truly, truly love everything about my job. I smile every day when I leave this place, and feel so grateful to LOVE what I do. These kids are so fun, so awesome, so bright, so talented. I feel like I'm just playing everyday with a bunch of friends. (shhh don't tell them I said that. you know--I've got to be the "authoritative figure"...not "the friend". haha) But seriously--my job is the bees knees. (p.s. I don't think I've ever said "bees knees" before)

7. I have a new goal to read one general conference talk a day.  I've succeeded for the last two weeks, and I can't express the impact it has had on my daily mood. I feel so inspired and uplifted! One quote I loved from the talk I read yesterday: "The Lord did not people the earth with a vibrant orchestra of personalities only to value the piccolos of the world." It's okay to be different, people! I loved hearing that. I may not be the coolest, most talented, prettiest instrument in the orchestra, but I'm going to play my music as loud as I can--even if it's off-tune. And I'm going to dance while I play!

8. Another student asked me today if anyone has told me that I look like julianne hough. and then the whole class freaks out and says, "Oh my gosh, you totally do!" Then they pull out pictures on their phone and hold the picture up to my face for everyone to see. ha! I will admit--I follow her on instagram, love her, and think she's adorable. so...keep it coming, students! You're making me feel good!

9. It's pleasantly chilly outside. And I made the yummiest hot chocolate/perro combination on my way to work. And who cares if I stuck it in a smoothie cup and it's already luke-warm? It's still yummy and I'm still happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment