12.09.2013

the best grandpa.


On Saturday afternoon, my sweet Grandpa had a heart attack.
The news was shocking.
He is in ICU, and the news of his health changes every day.
One day it's disheartening, and the next, it's hopeful.
It's been such a roller coaster of emotion.
We should know a lot by tonight or tomorrow.
I feel like I have been in a constant state of prayer.
He's the only Grandpa I've ever known, and man--he's a good one. 
The best.
I think it is making it that much harder for all of my siblings--he's always been the only grandpa.
There's something sentimental in that.

I think God played a divine hand in my weekend.
I just so happened to be with BOTH of my siblings in Utah (AND on the phone with my sister in Kansas) when we received the text from our other sister, Marci.
Being immediately surrounded by my siblings was the best way to receive the news.
We immediately knelt in a sibling prayer.
On Sunday, my whole family fasted for my sweet Grandpa.

The picture above was taken the last time I saw him--in April.
Taylor and I are going to Sacramento for Christmas, and out of all of our loved ones there, I was most excited to see my Grandma and Grandpa Davis.
All of the other family I've seen since then, but it's been awhile since I've seen my dearest grandparents.

I am constantly pleading with my Father in heaven to let me spend another Christmas with Grandpa.
To let me have another hug.
To let me tell him how grateful I am for him.
To let me tell him how much I love him.

I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us.
And whatever happens with my Grandpa, I will hold to my faith of that knowledge.
But for now, my heart, mind, and faith are all focused on him coming home. 
I love you, Grandpa.
I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment