12.10.2013

HALF MARATHON = CHECK

I can't believe I have yet to blog about this!
I ran my first half marathon on Thanksgiving morning!
dear you: YOU'VE GOT TO DO ONE!
I have always had it on my bucket list.
A couple of months ago, I had a realization: I am in the better health today than I will be tomorrow
(realistically speaking). I'm only getting older, right!? Right!
If I want to do this marathon-thing, I better do it now!
So the next day I signed myself up for a half-marathon!
I can't tell you how ACCOMPLISHED I felt.
And guess what folks?
The next half-marathon is in the books for February.
And after that, me and my cute running buddy are doing one EVERY month until we do a FULL MARATHON at the end of the summer.
I am so pumped--I can't even tell you.
I was beaming all Thanksgiving day. 
Because I was SO proud of myself.
It feels so good to check off a lifetime bucket list item.
Don't you think?
I'm giving myself a thumbs up, pat on the back, and kiss right on the mouth.
And I don't even care if it's pretentious.
I'm a proud girl who, for a day, thought I was iron woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment