5.22.2012

Words I've loved

Have you talked to TaylorRayGilbert before?  If so, you've probably noticed his amazing vocabulary.  It's one of the first things I noticed about this boy. I've never had to stop and ask someone to define so many words in one conversation (or, more like, in one sentence).  A typical daily conversation between the two of us has me often asking, "Huh?" or "What?" or "What does that mean?"  Here are some good examples from the past couple of nights:

Kelli: "How do you feel about me making lemon glazed chicken tonight?"
Taylor: "Sounds copasetic."
Kelli: "Huh?"

Or this one from the other night:
Taylor: "...and she was standing with her arms akimbo--"
Kelli: "With her arms what?"

While his vocabulary is often times over my head, he also has the strangest vocabulary ever.  Here are some of his latest from the strange category:

While getting in the car today, the car keys stabbed his hand, and he yelled, "Fetch tard!" As much as I wanted to sympathize over his wounded hand, I couldn't help but burst into laughter. Fetch tard? Really? 

Or how about when he broke a light bulb yesterday, "Oh, shoot dang!" Sorry to break it to you, babe, but you didn't grow up on a farm... Shoot dang is a little hick, if you ask me.

Other words I've loved?  

I frequently wake up to the words, "Good morning, beautiful." There's not a better way to start my day.

Or, my very favorite...
The other night, Taylor caught my eye and mouthed the word, "Forever."  
"Forever?" I asked confused.
He looked at me, smiled, and then said, "Us."
I think it's safe to say that this boy still makes my heart beat a million times a minute.

And also the four words engraved on the inside of my wedding ring:
"Love you dearly, Kells."

And here are three more words I love:
:)
Here's a little something to sum this whole post up:

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." 
-Mother Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment