5.14.2012

S'more weekend would sure be nice...

Another Monday, another week!  Even though Mondays are a tad bit discouraging, Tay and I had quite a fun weekend.

On Friday, we went to support Marci's soccer team.  She coaches the cutest (and most talented!) 14 year old girls.  They received second place in the championship!  We were so proud of them!  And it was such a fun game!

On Saturday evening, Tay and I were invited by the marvelous Brody and Jenni to a park up in the canyons where we grilled hot dogs over a campfire with some good friends.  We even ended the night with some delicious s'mores (hence the blog title for today).  Even though we strongly smelled of campfire afterwards, we loved every minute of the evening!
Our lovely drive up the canyon.  Utah is such a beautiful state!



Taylor made a late night trip to Wal-Mart, and brought home Ben & Jerry's for us to share in bed.
Yum! Love this boy!


And, of course...Happy Mother's day to all mothers throughout the world.  Two special shout-outs are needed. One, to my own mother, whom I love with all of my heart.  I couldn't have asked for a better role model, exemplar, and friend.  She is truly an amazing woman, and I strive daily to emulate her many wonderful characteristics.  And now, I am lucky enough to have TWO moms.  Can life get better? I think not.  My mother-in-law is always amazing me with her many talents and skills.  I feel a little (a lot) inadequate next to her.  Her friendly and outgoing charisma is something I always admire.  She is so good to include me in everything and make me feel part of the Gilbert clan. :)  I couldn't have asked for a better mom-in-law.  I love these two women dearly!

Taylor's brother, Seth, was able to call home for Mother's day.
Just eight days until he is home!
I was spoiled this Mother's day.  Even though I'm not a mother.  Taylor surprised me with beautiful flowers when I woke up. I gave him a bit of a quizzical look, and said, "You know...I'm not a mother, right?"  Taylor smiled and said, "But you will be someday; and you're closer now than you ever have been."  Did I get butterflies a little? Mayyybe :)  I have a wonderful husband.  And THEN, my dad-in-law gave me some lovely flowers.  I guess I'm included in this wonderful little holiday now. ;) Happy Mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment