8.14.2012

August 6th

On August 6th, 2011, Taylor Ray got down on one knee and asked me a question I was so excited to say "yes" to.

The cute boy had me completely fooled.  I thought for sure, I would know when he was going to propose.  But he did such a good job at fooling me the entire day!
I'll have to have a blog post dedicated to that story.

See here for more details on our love story :)

Taylor proposed to me at the beautiful Stewart Falls.  We decided after we got engaged, that we would make it a tradition to hike Stewart Falls every year on August 6th.  No matter where we are in life, no matter what state we may be living in, I plan to take a trip to Utah to hike Stewart Falls on August 6th, until my limbs are too weak to make the memory-filled hike.

Here are pictures of Taylor and I celebrating our one year engagement anniversary at the top of Stewart Falls.  There was no one around to take a picture of us, so we struggled taking a good phone picture of the two of us together. But, here are our best attempts:
You know you spend too much time with someone when you make the exact same face, completely on accident, in a picture!
Hi, pretty ring!


Taylor's showing off his muscles...I'm just pointing to the waterfalls. Haha



Thanks, husband.
Don't really know what's happening here, but this one made me laugh.
Look closely... see that water bottle in the brush? Taylor and I joked that this was the same water bottle that I dropped from excitement after he proposed.  Ha...it very well might be! (see video at the end of this post and watch for the water bottle drop!)

As we were huffing while hiking, Taylor jokingly turned to me and said, "Why didn't I propose to you on a wave-runner?"
I could not stop laughing after that.
He told me that after years and years of hiking this, our future boys would ask him (in their best whining voices), "Dad, why did you have to propose to Mom at the top of a mountain?"
And Dad will reply, "So I could teach you how not to propose. I did it for you, boys."
Haha...even though he joked about it, we both loved every second of reliving such a beautiful memory. :)

Here is the video of that special day one year ago :)

Dear husband,
Thank you so much for proposing to me.
Thank you for giving me the most beautiful ring.
Thank you for being my very best friend and eternal companion through this life.
Thank you for making me want to be a better person every day.
I love you.

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
-Emily Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment