2.03.2014

monday blues

I woke up in a bad mood today.
I'm not really sure why...
Maybe it's because the broncos lost got dominated last night, or maybe it's just because it's Monday, or maybe because my car is still not fixed, or maybe because my skin has all of the sudden decided to break out, or maybe it's because taylor and I have a very large decision weighing on us right now.

But as I was driving to work, I realized I could make today awesome or let it keep getting me down.
So I forced myself to smile the entire rest of the way to work.
in my car. by myself.
I felt like an idiot and my cheeks started to hurt.
but...hey!
It ended up making me laugh at how stupid the whole idea was--and then I was suddenly in a better mood.

About ten minutes ago, I decided to totally change my lesson plan for tomorrow.
We are on the roaring 20s, and I suddenly thought, "Wouldn't it be fun to have a 'party' while I teach it?"
So over-achiever-me is now throwing a last minute party for all of my classes tomorrow.
Complete with 1920s invitations, balloons+streamers, jazz music, a short 1920s film+donuts while watching, and I've convinced myself to dress up as a flapper girl tomorrow. HA!
It's going to be fun--but now I'm a little stressed to say the least.
Why do good ideas always come at the last minute?
Happy Monday!
AND Happy February!
(p.s. yes, I am totally including a little selfie-self of me smiling in the car.)

31 comments:

  1. But your eyelashes, though!! And that party sounds so fun! The Roaring 20's are my favorite! What grade do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, kym! I teach sophomores US history, and a few classes of juniors and seniors! it's so fun!

      Delete
  2. The 20's are my FAVORITE! That's going to be so fun! Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a teacher like you growing up! That sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, kaylyn! let's hope the kids think so too ;)

      Delete
  4. Girlfriend!! That sounds like such a blast!! Your kiddos are lucky to have you as a teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, lisa! let's hope those kiddos think so too!

      Delete
  5. SUCH a cute selfie :) and I know how you feel. Sometimes I wake up on the WRONG side of the bed for no good reason. At least you can admit it right?? I'm sure your kids LOVE you! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Post the flapper gril pictures ... please

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit, go Seahawks! Now that that's out of the way, I've definitely been there with those bad days. I have to be better at just "fake it till you make it" and just smile. You are just too cute :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! congrats to the seahawks--they definitely took that cake! thanks, tj! I adore your blog!

      Delete
  8. That's awesome that you were able to change your mood! Doing ridiculous things always seems to make me smile and feel instantly better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss that smile and your laugh. I love you and I'm very excited for tomorrow for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, while browsing I just came across your blog and you both look like so much fun! Love it.

    -meg
    babydolan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you found my blog because you are the cutest! I'm sure you're just the greatest teacher, I wish I had a fun, creative teacher like you in middle school & high school! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, brooklyn! that's so sweet of you to say!

      Delete
  12. cute selfie for a monday! :D we had a snow day agaaaaain. i don't know what is more 'february' than that. have a good week! xo
    bloganticipation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. forcing happiness is a good idea! i'm so grumpy on my way to work so being happy/silly in the car would be a good pick me up!
    -- jackie - jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really did work! try it next time and let me know! ;)

      Delete
  14. Adorable selfie! Mondays always have me in a funk, so I usually treat myself to something! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, laura! maybe I should start the tradition too...ha!

      Delete
  15. I came across your blog as well & think you are just hilarious! & don't worry I always have to "fake it till I make it" :)

    carrbugg.blogspot.com

    let's be friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE your blog! friends. move back to byu and then we can hang out all the time! haha!

      Delete
  16. That party sounds like a blast! How did it turn out!?

    ReplyDelete